Amigahood Community Intern
Paid Part-Time Position
As the Amigahood Community Intern, you will be a key #WeAllGrow Latina team member putting your skills to use to fuel our mission of elevating the voices and stories of Latinas via the power of community. You’ll be tasked with supporting the Community + Virtual Events Manager in creating meaningful original content, help moderate our online community platform and events, supporting brand campaigns through posting of assets, designing & creating event collateral, being involved in creating learning resources for our Amigas and attend our events to engage with attendees in the chat.
You are the ultimate community builder; coming up with strategies and tactics to grow and nurture our audience, managing user feedback like a pro, and surprising and delighting our Amigas. You are generally aware of trends in American + Latine culture. The successful will have the experience and desire to manage and grow communities. You have excellent communication skills and are driven to learn new platforms and skills. You work well with an extended team in a virtual work environment, and are able to manage your tasks and time, but also know when to ask for help and guidance. You’re creative, self-motivated, and excited to join a small but mighty team of very hands-on mujeres.
Our ideal teammate will also
- Be service-oriented, seeking to contribute well to our internal culture and in the world. Doing well by doing good is in our DNA.
- Be a good person. We hire talented, awesome people.
- Work independently yet thrive in a collaborative environment. Be confident in your skills, but able and willing to check your ego at the door.
- Be able to build and maintain positive, productive relationships with clients, and the internal WAG team.
- Continue to research, learn and share new practices for our betterment.
- Knowledge of and passion for #WeAllGrow and everything we stand for.
- Community management support
- Manage #WeAllGrow’s account in Amigahood
- Serve as an additional point of contact for member inquiries
- Engage with content & encourage others to do the same
- Event Support
- Create Amigas Mentor & Amigas Heal flyers using templates in Canva
- Post/schedule events in the Amigahood
- Serve as backup to co-host workshops with Amigas Mentor & Amigas Heal facilitators
- Attend Amigas-exclusive events + offer additional tech support
- i.e. Manage chatbox, admit attendees into Zoom, collect questions from attendees
- Submit event replays to the social media team to upload to youtube + timestamp clips for IG reels
- Amigahood Circles
- Set up new circles using our standard operating procedures on a regular basis
- Brand campaign support
- Post event invites in the Amigahood + assist with other community-related client deliverables
- Weekly Newsletter Round-up
- Submit weekly event information to the marketing team
- Source Amigahood for content to highlight
- Become the community expert and efficiently respond to inquiries using the Amigahood platform
- Serve as the liaison that shares vital Amigas feedback and insight with our team
- Identify real-time engagement opportunities discovered via social listening
- A creative mind with the ability to come up with interesting and inspiring content ideas to organically grow our Amigahood audience.
- Works well independently, takes decisions, and drives actions to achieve goals without direct supervision.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Ability to relate positively to people from diverse backgrounds and professional levels.
- Job type: up to 10 to 15 hours per week (part-time)
- Schedule: Based on your schedule availability
- Duration: June to December 2023
- Salary: $15 to $17/hour based on location + college credit available if needed.
- Application deadline: May 26th, 2023
- Start date: June 12, 2023
This position is remote and you must have your own computer and strong internet connection.
To apply, please fill out the application form and either upload your current CV or recently updated LinkedIn profile.