If you're anything like us, you're probably going through major #WeAllGrow withdrawal! Those three days in Long Beach were truly magical for all of us. One of the parts that made #WeAllGrow so special was all the amazing breakout sessions! It all began at 11:30 a.m. on Friday, March 4th with four breakout sessions for the lovely #WeAllGrow attendees:
- Access Your Audience Through Podcasts with Marianna Du Bosq, Bricia and Paulina Lopez of SuperMamas and Marie Segares
- An Inside Look Into the World of Food Content Creators Dolores Wiarco Dweck, Pilar Hernandez, Laura Muller and Maria Sierra
- Passion Income: The Secret to Monetizing Your Blog That Nobody Talks About with Mimi G and Kathy Cano Murillo
- How a Fortune 500 Company Won the Latin GRAMMYS® With Co-Created Content presented by BodenPR with Natalie Asorey of BodenPR and Maya Murillo
While there was so much great advice passed down from our expert speakers, we're rounding up a few of our favorite takeaways:
- Inspired from An Inside Look Into the World of Food Content Creators: If you're looking to start a blog don't wait until you're "ready." Because chances are you're never going to be ready and that's okay! It's important just to start.
- Also from food content creators and recipe developers: If you're going to pursue food photography, half the battle is making sure your pictures are professional and eye catching. Make sure to perfect that skill as much as you can.
- From Access Your Audience Through Podcasts: Your audience on a podcast is the same as your blog audience, in that they have habits, desires and needs. Make sure you know how they work.
- A great reminder from the breakout session, Fortune 500 Company Won the Latin GRAMMYS® With Co-Created Content presented by BodenPR: When you want to work with a brand, realize that there's always going to be someone with a bigger following than you. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to work with that brand or that you wouldn't be able to do a great job. Always try.
Sessions continued after the empowering keynote lunch with Neutrogena at 2:15 p.m. where another great lineup of breakout sessions was available for all to attend:
- El Sabor Food Photography: Easy Tips and Tricks to Define Your Style with Alejandra Graf and Oriana Romero
- From Blogger to Paid Writer featuring Rosy Cordero, Claudya Martinez and Nikki Novo
- How to Successfully Launch a YouTube Channel with Doralys Britto, Melissa Flores, Roxy Limon and Yolanda S. Lopez
- Next Level Pinning presented by Pinterest with community manager Enid Hwang
In case you missed out on any of the sessions, here are a few of our favorite sound bites:
- Giving us writing tips from From Blogger to Paid Writer: If you consider yourself a writer and an expert in a certain area, don't be afraid that you'll run out of things to talk about on your blog. You know more than you think you do.
- Food blogger Oriana Romero (@mommyhoodsdiary) and speaker on El Sabor Food Photography: Easy Tips and Tricks to Define Your Style said, "we don't take pictures, we create them." Keep this in mind when photographing a subject - you're creating an experience for your readers. Make sure it's worth it.
- From How to Successfully Launch a YouTube Channel: Try to keep your content on YouTube as upbeat as you can, unless you're tackling a serious topic. Many people use YouTube as a way to escape, get information and laugh. Fulfill that for your viewers.
- The wonderful Enid Hwang, community manager at Pinterest and presenter at Next Level Pinning gave us a lot of good tips to up our Pinterest game, such as the use of keywords! Keywords are absolutely essential to optimizing your content on Pinterest, as opposed to hashtags. Be search friendly and descriptive, be active with new content regularly and pin your own content and inspiration.
Our last round of breakout sessions for #WeAllGrow Summit Day One started at 3:30 p.m. and was packed with informative and inspiring talks, including:
- Blogs y Vlogs en Espanol: Dos and Donts en Social Media featuring Victoria Infante, Rory Lassanske, Silvia Martinez and Rocio Mora
- Finding Your Niche in Beauty with Ydelays, Stephanie Flor, Jasmin Melendez and Tiffany Diana Torres
- Por el Amor de Instagram: Marketing Tips to Grow Your Brand on Instagram presented by Jasmine Star
- The Benefits of Selfless Promotion: Elevating Your Brand Through Social Good with Morra Aarons-Mele, Danica Kombol, Jane Mosbacher Morris and Xochitl I. Oseguera
#WeAllGrow Summit Breakout Session speakers continued to give attendees awe-inspiring moments and inspiring tools for growth. Here are just a few things we learned:
- From The Benefits of Selfless Promotion: Elevating Your Brand Through Social Good: Stories are key because it allows your readers and viewers to really connect with your content. Everyone can relate in some way to a story so it's important to share these experiences.
- From las amigas de Blogs y Vlogs en Espanol: Dos and Donts en Social Media: There are many pros to being a bilingual blogger, such as: more opportunities, a wider audience to connect with and more changes to work with brands. Like with anything though, there are downsides: Google Analytics is a challenge, it's time consuming and can be expensive. But if you have the chance, do it and don't let any small mistakes stop you.
- From Por el Amor de Instagram: Marketing Tips to Grow Your Brand on Instagram: The great thing about Instagram is that it doesn't matter what you're wearing or doing, people come to your page because they're interested in you. That's empowering!
With so much expert advice provided to #WeAllGrow attendees, there's no wonder everyone felt inspired and ready to grow! Our favorite part? The continued feeling of sisterhood that was felt not just at the #WeAllGrow breakout sessions, but throughout the entire weekend. Not only was everyone so passionate, ut every single person was willing to share their knowledge in the effort to help their hermanas grow.
We love that about #WeAllGrow and everyone who made that possible!
Did you have a favorite lesson you learned at one of the sessions? Leave it below in the comments! Look out for next week when we discuss Day 2 Sessions!