This guest post comes from L.A. fashion maven, Monique Frausto of Curves and Chaos.
Los Angeles is a world of it’s own. From our diverse cultures, things to do, the landscape, to the weather—we’re unlike any other city on the planet. OK, this comes from a native Angeleno, but I swear we’re more than palm trees and surfboards. And as you start putting together your packing list for We All Grow, you might have a few questions on what to pack. That’s what I’m here for!
The first thing you should consider when packing for L.A. is the weather is: we don’t have much of a winter. In February, high temperatures average in the upper 60’s. In other words, you can leave the parkas at home. Next, let’s take into consideration what you’ll be doing while you’re here in L.A.—having an amazing time at #WeAllGrow of course! You’ll be learning, growing, and exploring.
Packing for #WeAllGrow and L.A. Adventures
Keeping the unique qualities of L.A. in mind, here are a few things to consider when packing for your trip to #WeAllGrow:
- The sun is shining, so make sure to bring your favorite sunscreen, swimsuit, and paparazzi-blocking sunglasses. Whether you’re taking a dip in the hotel pool or making some time for a visit to Malibu beach—these are necessities.
- L.A. is all about the laid back lifestyle, so think comfort when planning your outfits. Like bringing your favorite pair of denim. And If you want to take a walk down Melrose Ave, comfortable shoes are a must. But, when you’re at the summit, business casual is ideal. Think a printed blazer or colorful flats to liven things up for the summit. Always keeping your personal style in mind.
- Accessories are your best friend. When packing light, bring key pieces that you can mix and match, and pair with standout fashion accessories. I’m all about scarves and jewelry that can be worn from day to night.
- Always be prepared...for a change of weather! OK, sunny L.A. can have an occasional rainy day or cool night in February. Make sure to pack a travel-size umbrella (in case we get rain) and a light coat for those Santa Ana winds.
- Call me a bag lady if you want, because I’m all about my handbags. Don’t forget to bring your carry-all bag with you. I’m a fan of cross-body or messenger bags that leave my hands free for tweeting during the summit and snapping photos on Hollywood Blvd. Besides, you might need something to carry all your swag home!
These are just a few of my suggestions that will make packing for The City of Angels a lot easier! Have any other questions on what to pack? Leave them in the comments and I’ll be happy to answer them for you!
Find Monique's L.A. Packing Recommendations Here:
- Front Zip Swimsuit at Nordstrom
- Preppy Round Sunglasses at TopShop
- Dry- Touch Sunscreen by Neutrogena
- Mid-rise Jeans by Old Navy
- Dot Scarf at Nordstrom
- Faux Leather Tote at Nordstrom
- Pointed Cutout Flats at Forever 21
- Belted Trench Coat at Forever 21
- Print Blazer ASOS
Monique Frausto is a full-time blogger and freelance writer living in Los Angeles. In 2008, she created Blogs by Latinas, a blog directory specifically for Latina bloggers. She is also the founder of Curves and Chaos, a plus-size fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog. She has been featured in Latina Magazine, Hispanic Business Magazine, Fox News Latino, and various web sites.
Monique will be speaking at #WeAllGrow Summit 2015 as part of Top Inflencers Share Secrets of Building Traffic and Community's powerhouse panel.