Los Angeles has become a favorite culinary destination for food lovers. With its diversity of cultures, in this city you can find almost any dish for all tastes and budgets. L.A. is characterized by being a culinary trendsetter, highlighting meals offered in food trucks and/or in fine-dining restaurants experience, so it is not uncommon to see famous chefs considering this city when opening their next restaurant.
Because there is huge supply and a high culinary competition, it is difficult to choose one place, so the best thing to do when you don’t have much time in this city is to visit areas where there is the greatest variety. For those who enjoy delicious, innovative and different cultural dishes, I recommend visiting different areas of LA where you can find foods that help maintain ¨Tu corazón contento¨. These are the Top 5 places for foodies in Los Angeles:
1. Grand Central Market: Grand Central Market has become one of the favorite places for thousands of Angelenos and visitors. There, you’ll find everything from authentic Salvadorian pupusas in Sarita's Pupuseria; delicious tacos at Tacos Tumbras Tomas; fabulous burgers at Eggslut; amazing oysters on the Grand Central Oyster Bar; and nice desserts at McConnell's; among other delicacies.
2. East L.A. East Los Angeles is known for offering authentic Mexican food and an incredible range of stands and restaurants that celebrate the culture of Mexico. For example, you can get delicious tamales at Tamales Liliana; enjoy tacos al pastor at the famous King Taco; visit the renowned restaurant, Mariscos Jaliscos; calmar antojos de birria en BIRRERIA Jaliscos and many more.
3. Koreatown. Koreatown is not only the neighborhood where #WeAllGrow will take place, but also where one of the trendiest hotels,The Line Hotel, is located. There is Pot, Pot Coffee and Commissary, 3 places from the celebrity chef Roi Choy and places that quickly have become booming sites in Los Angeles. Additionally, Koreatown has Honeymee (just steps from the hotel) where you can enjoy an incredible ice cream with honey; Escala, an innovative restaurant that blends the best of Korean and Colombian food; Guelaguetza, a restaurant serving authentic Mexican food and it has been listed numerous times as one of the best restaurants in town; and Kang Hodong Baekjeong, where you can enjoy authentic Korean bbq.
4. The Original Farmers Market. This is definitely one of the places you can’t miss. Not only is it perfect for foodies, but for those who enjoy shopping. Located just a few steps from one of the most beautiful malls in the city, The Original Farmers Market has history and delicious dining. You will find renowned restaurants such as Loteria Grill, Pampas Grill, Little Spain, Mr. Monsieur Marcel Pain Vin et Fromage and many more.
5. West Hollywood: Walk the streets of Melrose and Sunset where you will find all kinds of shops and wonderful restaurants. Here are some that you should add to your list: Lucques, The Hudson, Urth Café, Ink, Night + Market, Gordon Ramsay and Fonuts.
If you have any questions and / or can’t decide where to eat, do not hesitate to contact me at @comiendoenLA on Twitter and Instagram. I'm sure I can help!