CURIOUS GEORGE continues its 5th season with a brand new Mother’s Day episode celebrating Hispanic heritage and Latina moms. Premiering Friday, May 6, 2011 on PBS KIDS, “Mother’s Day Surprise” features George helping his friend Marco surprise his Mami with a special piñata party on El Día de la Madre.
“This Mother’s Day, we’ll continue Season 5’s exploration of the social sciences by showing kids how Marco and his family celebrate El Dia de la Madre,” says WGBH Executive Producer Dorothea Gillim. “We hope that through George’s adventures, kids will be inspired to explore their own family’s customs.”
Moms Celebrating Moms Twitter Party #CuriousGeorgeMoms
LBC, along with four fabulous Latina Mom bloggers and Dorothea Gillim from WGBH, are hosting a fun and prize-filled Twitter party to celebrate moms and this special Curious George episode.
- What: Bilingual Twitter Party brought to you by Curious George
- When: Thursday, May 5th
- Time: 1pm EST/10am PST
- Topic: Moms Celebrating Moms
- Where: On Twitter with the Hashtag #CuriousGeorgeMoms. You can also use this customized TweetGrid (or TweetChat, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, etc) to follow all the action from the 6 co-hosts at once.
- Hosts: @Ohmariana, @mamalatina, @thoughtsofamomy, @Tracy_Iglesias. Moderated by @LBConnect. Special Guest: @DorotheaGillim
- Prizes: Three winners will pamper themselves with a $100 gift certificate from Aveda.com
To be eligible to win, you must join the party and participate during the hour with an original tweet (RT´s not eligible) using the #CuriousGeorgeMoms hashtag and answer the Giveaway questions.
A random winner will be chosen amongst those who answered correctly. Open only to residents of the United States. Void where prohibited. Rules can be found here.
Visit PBSKIDS.org/CuriousGeorge for showtimes, games, printables and videos.
Curious George on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/curiousgeorge
Thanks to Curious George’s national corporate sponsors Chuck E. Cheese’s and Rainforest Cafe.