The Clorox Company and Latina Bloggers Connect are partnering up for our first blogger Connection program. We will be awarding a $50 Amex gift card to the first TEN qualified bloggers to write a post sharing their special cleaning routines that have been part of their families' traditions, especially during the holidays. In the Hispanic community, a clean home is a happy home, but during the holidays, it is critical for the home to be reluciente – or sparkling clean! According to a new study conducted by Garcia Research, 40 percent of Latinas report the holidays as their peak season for cleaning. In addition, 43 percent of Latinas report their significant others as helping with household cleaning – a surprising find, considering the long-standing myth that cleaning is a role predominantly performed by women. The study, which explored the housekeeping lessons and cleaning routines shared between generations of Latinas, also revealed that cleaning is a rite of passage, taught by mothers and grandmothers and meant to influence present-day routines and brand choices.
To read other the press release--in English and Spanish-- with other key findings from this report, click here.
What do I need to do to participate?
You must first be signed up to the Latina Bloggers Connect list. If you are not, you can do so now by filling out this form.
Now, follow all these steps and be amongst the first 10 bloggers to submit a link to their live post:
- Publish a blog post--in Spanish, English or Spanglish-- of 400 words or more sharing your special cleaning routines during the holiday season, especially those that are part of your tradiciones familiares.
- Include a mention of the Clorox Holiday Sweepstakes and invite readers to tweet their advice--in Spanish or English--on how they are helping to keep their families healthy during the holidays using the #CloroxFiestas hashtag. Make sure to link to the official rules in Spanish and English found here: http://www.clorox.com/special-offers/
- Full disclosure must be included on the blog post. You must state that you are participating in a blogging program from The Clorox Company and Latina Bloggers Connect and this post makes you eligible to win a $50 AMEX gift card.
- Send a Twitter update linking to your participating blog post.
- Come back here and leave a comment with your published post's permalink (URL), as well as the direct link to the Twitter update.
If you are one of the first 10 bloggers to submit their post by midnight EST, Nov. 23, 2010, and it meets all of the above requirements, you will be contacted by us to receive a $50 AMEX gift card.
- You must have a valid address within the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and be 18 years of age or older.
- You must have a personal blog.
- You must be signed up to the Latina Bloggers Connect list.
- No purchase necessary.
- Click here for the official Clorox Holiday Sweepstakes rules.