Kellogg Company and Latina Bloggers Connect are celebrating El Día del Niño by inviting you to be a part of a fun and rewarding blogger connection. We will be awarding $35 to the first 15 bloggers to publish a post sharing your memories of how you celebrated El Dia del Niño as a child and/or creative tips and activities on how parents can celebrate their love for their children on this traditional holiday. Make sure to include a mention of Kellogg´s current promotion for a free kids movie pass with mail-in official order form (more details below.)
If you have never participated in El Día del Niño festivities, this is an excellent way to get started. Children’s Day is an event that is celebrated around the world on various days, including many Latin American countries. In Mexico, El Día del Niño is a traditional holiday celebrated on April 30. The day is an annual celebration that recognizes the important role of children in society.
Kellogg believes in the power of breakfast and its ability to bring out the best in each day. This is one way for moms and kids to celebrate El Día del Niño, by starting their day off right with breakfast and enjoying a ticket to the movies.
Additionally, we will hold a random drawing for ALL eligible submissions to win a grand prize of a Kellogg’s Breakfast Basket full of breakfast goodies and kitchen gadgets ($100 USD retail value).
What do I need to do to participate?
You must first be signed up to the Latina Bloggers Connect list. If you are not, you can do so now by filling out this form.
Now, follow all of these steps and be amongst the first 15 bloggers to submit a link to their live post:
1. Publish a blog post–in Spanish, English or Spanglish– of 400 words or more sharing your memories of how you celebrated El Día del Niño as a child and creative tips on how to best celebrate El Día del Niño.
2. Include a mention of Kellogg´s current promotion that is giving moms and their kids an opportunity to celebrate El Día del Niño with a free trip to the movies. Here’s how:
- Buy any three Kellogg cereals (8.7 oz or larger) or EGGO Waffles (6 count or larger) and receive a free kids movie pass (up to $7.50 value) with mail-in official order form.
- The order form can be found on special packages of Frosted Flakes and Cocoa Krispies. Tear Pads are also available in the cereal aisle or from an EGGO freezer cling.
3. Use the following links on your post when talking about the importance and impact of breakfast for children: http://www2.kelloggs.com/espanol/ or it's English-language equivalent: http://www2.kelloggs.com/
4. Full disclosure must be included on the blog post. You must state that you are participating in a blogging program from the Kellogg Company and Latina Bloggers Connect, and this post makes you eligible to win a $35 payment.
5. Send a Twitter update linking to your participating blog post and include the hashtag #ComparteTuDesayuno. Come back here and leave a comment with your published post’s permalink (URL), as well as the direct link to the Twitter update.
6. If you wish (not required), you may use the image above for your post. Here's a link to download it: http://bit.ly/eeK7xD
If you are one of the first 15 bloggers to submit their post by noon PST, Monday May 2nd, 2011, and it meets all of the above requirements, you will be contacted by us to receive a $35 payment via PayPal. The random drawing amongst all qualifying blog posts will be held on Tuesday, May 3rd, 2011.
- You must have a valid address within the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and be 18 years of age or older.
- You must have a personal blog.
- You must be signed up to the Latina Bloggers Connect list.
- You must include full disclosure on the blog post. You must state that you are participating in a blogging program from Kellogg’s and Latina Bloggers Connect, and this post makes you eligible to win a $35 payment.
- No purchase necessary.
- Void where prohibited