We started off day two of #WeAllGrow Summit 2016 on Saturday, March 5th with breakfast in bed from Aguacates Frescos. It was just what we needed after a first day of awe-inspiring moments and growth with our fellow Latina digital creators.
The second day of breakout sessions began promptly at 11 a.m. and featured another group of incredible influencers who shared their advice with us, like practical tips on collaborating for growth, a blog design that speaks your language and how to grow your blog views to 1 million. They included:
- Beyond the Inner Circle: How Collaborations Build Your Brand, featuring the wonderful Rachel Matos, Cara Paige, Sara Urquhart and Laurie White.
- Blog Design con Voz: Colors, Logos and Content that Speak Your Language, with Dariela Cruz, Lauren Garcia and Elba Valverde
- Next-Level Pinning presented by Pinterest and community manager Enid Hwang
- The Killer Content Cycle: How to Grow your Blog to 1M Page Views and Grow Fans Along the Way with Laura Fuentes
- Google Analytics - Mentor.ME Mastermind session presented by domain.ME with Maura Wall Hernandez
Each and every woman that spoke shared their journey and showered us with their knowledge about how to build our female brand larger to all #WeAllGrow Summit attendees. Here are just some of the lessons we learned:
- From Blog Design con Voz we learned that when creating a logo it's important to look at brands from the same industry as you to draw inspiration from. Additionally, make sure to focus on a key message so your logo matches!
- Enid Hwang taught us that 2/3 of what people pin on Pinterest is from professional content creators so make sure your content is up to par.
- The Killer Content Cycle sessions taught us to not use more than two fonts on one blog post. According to Laura Fuentes, definitely combine two fonts for a more unique look and vary them in sizes.
- Beyond the Inner Circle taught us that the key to networking is making genuine connections and swapping information digital is so impersonal. Go for a business card because it's the first impression people get of your brand!
- Maura Wall Hernandez taught us that Google Analytics is like a puzzle. It's not enough to just look at your data - you need to investigate your content and really think about why something is or isn't happening. That's when the magic happens!
After a Suite Snack + Connect networking break, we were back at 12:15 p.m. with more sessions. They included:
- All About You: Embracing Individuality in Lifestyle Blogging featuring Claudia Felix-Garay, Monique Frausto, Daniela Ramirez and Alana Rodriquez
- LiveStreaming For Business: How to Leverage Your Influence with Deborah Deras and Lizza Monet Morales
- Make Money Outside of YouTube with Your Social Media influence, presented by MiTu and featuringJesus Chavez, Gia Fey and Maiah Ocando
- Media Pitch Workshops: Why You Need To & How To Do It, presented by Dream Team agency, with Adriana Castro, Maria "Kika" F. Rocha, Laura Mejia Cruz and Susan Stipcianos
- How to Use eMail Marketing to Awe Your Audience, Mentor.Me Roundtable presented by ME. with Yoly Mason
While it's impossible to list every single lesson we learned (and trust us - there's a lot!) we rounded up some of the best:
- Alana Marie told us to not get lost in trends; they come and go. The key for your blog is finding your own voice and staying true to yourself. Being authentic resonates with readers.
- If you truly wish to connect with people from all walks of life, then you have to live stream! It's something that is happen in every country, in every culture and in every language. It's a great place for international networking and interactive engagement.
- From MiTu - if you have a global reach be aware of your long term rights. It's absolutely vital to understand long term value and royalties.
- Yoly Mason advised us to utilize that all-important A/B testing on your email marketing. Use different language, test it out on your audience and find out what makes them interact the most!
- It's important to remember small key points when doing pitches Kika Rocha said, as well as understanding your personal voice and strength. That will help your case when talking with possible brands.
Our day continued with the absolutely delicious keynote lunch, which was presented by Disney Parks and last round of sessions began at 3:15 p.m. Don't worry - they did not disappoint:
- #LatinasUnidas: Successful Youtube Collaborations with Karla K. Celis, Paola Celis, Sandra Cires, Monserrat Hermosillo, Cindy Limon and Carolina Ortiz
- Art of the Deal: Negotiation Tips for Bloggers + Creators featuring Jay Miranda and Roxanna Sarmiento
- How to Create Engaging Content for Snapchat + Vine with Alexys Gabrielle, Maya Murillo and Ruby Wright
- How To Make Your Blog Profitable In the First Year featuring Lorraine C. Ladish
- Media Kits 101 - Mentor.ME Mastermind Sessions presented by .Me with Lina Skandalakis
We continued to expand our knowledge throughout these last few sessions and here are some takeaways:
- #LatinasUnidas believes in having a united group that treats one another with respect and is empowered to grow together. We love this message and how much it aligns with #WeAllGrow!
- If you're looking to work with brands on Snapchat, Alexys Gabrielle told us to screenshot how many times your story was viewed and show that data to the company. Awesome tip!
- Share what you know because it allows not only personal growth but audience growth as well. When one grows, we all grow, right!?
When looking back at all the industry professionals and lessons they taught us, it's rather impossible to not feel a sense of inspiration to amp up our personal brands. Experts helped give confidence and reassurance on important topics for all bloggers, like personal growth, how to market content on social media and be an influencer. Reflecting on everything that happened at #WeAllGrow Summit 2016 fills us with such a sense of pride and love for all those that attended. It was a truly magical conference filled with moments of awe, personal growth and networking with prominent Latina creators and bloggers!
What was one lesson you learned from Day 2 of sessions? Let us know on social using #WeAllGrow!